Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OWL Update Thread: 2018 Season Complete

OWL Update Thread: 2018 Season Complete

All right, let's get this show on the road.

The full initial league file can be downloaded here (55 MB download). The league HTML is also uploaded. You can select An Observer in order to take a look around the league.

The Inaugural Draft will be by team, with a mostly random order. The players that were generated when the league was created have all been deleted. The leagues were then filled with fictional players.

Because the league is not full, we are going to start with two AI teams.* The two AI teams will draft first, and they will choose their teams randomly. The first AI team will choose from all 12 teams, and the second AI team will choose from the 6 teams in the other division. This is to absolutely ensure that both AI teams will not be in the same division.

The human owners except for the commish will then draft in a random order, and the commish will take the last available team.

Full Inaugural Draft Order:

1. AI Team 1
    2. AI Team 2
    3. creed
    4. TotalEnd98
    5. LivnLegend
    6. swampdragon
    7. Hotblack
    8. Mel Ott
    9. lastplaneout
    10. darkhorse
    11. Eck
    12. matskralc

When you decide which team you want, you may rename one player anywhere in the organization. Goofy names won't be permitted, and I will be the sole judge of what is too goofy. You may also change where the player is from and their facegen race, if you wish. You should also name your manager (for logging in purposes) and give a nationality and date of birth.

*if you know somebody from somewhere else that you think would be a good addition to the league, feel free to see if they are interested. I'm not interested in recruiting randos from the OOTPD fora.
    Last edited by matskralc; 12-19-2017 at 08:18 PM.

In-game file is updated. After you download the in-game update, make sure to go to the manager dropdown > Other human managers > Select Active Manager. Select your manager name (and if you don't like the one I gave you, then give me one), set a manager password on the manager settings screen, then send an export. Once I get password protected exports from everybody, we'll be ready to go.

Also, don't be a dick and send somebody else's.
    Last edited by matskralc; 01-03-2018 at 06:23 PM.

In-game file is updated, reports are uploaded. It is now the start of Spring Training. I shortened ST from 5 to 4 weeks, so that in the future ST will only ever be two sims. So this was just a 7-day sim to get us to ST's new starting time.

I realized I made a small mistake when setting up the league. I wasn't paying attention and initially created all the GMs as GM/managers, and so no team had a manager or could even hire one. I switched everybody back to being a GM, but this means everybody has an empty manager slot. Instead of everybody fighting over the same managers (and everybody having to hire one), I decided to use the "fill teams with fictional scouts/coaches" button to give everybody a manager. This also filled any other staff openings that you had.

This also means that I decided it wouldn't make sense to process San Francisco's manager claim, because maybe they like their new, random manager. Every other staff claim was processed except for LA's, since they submitted the contract themselves in-game (don't do that!).

Next sim Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern.

In-game file updated, reports are uploaded. The first two weeks of Spring Training are complete. The next sim will finish Spring Training and will take place Saturday at 8 PM Eastern.

In-game file updated, reports are uploaded. Spring Training is complete and it is now Opening Day. The first two weeks of the regular season will take place Monday at 8 PM Eastern.

In-game file updated, reports are uploaded. The first two weeks of the regular season are in the books. If you did not export for Opening Day, the AI was run on your organization. Some of you exported rosters that were legal as far as size, but had forgotten to add NRIs to your 40-man roster. So, they were added for you.

Next two weeks of the regular season will take place Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern.

In-game file updated, reports are uploaded.

Next two weeks of the regular season will take place Friday at 8 PM Eastern.

No sim today. The schedule is supposed to be Saturday. I'm not really sure why I said Friday after the last one. So the regular season will continue Saturday after 8 PM Eastern.

In-game file updated, reports are uploaded.

Next two weeks of the regular season will take place Monday after 8 PM Eastern.

In-game file updated, reports are uploaded. StatsLab is now available as well.

The amateur draft is now underway on StatsLab. The first two rounds will occur there and you can see the times at which your picks are due. The draft order for the inaugural season is a serpentine draft with the order randomly determined.

Next two weeks of the regular season will take place Friday after 8 PM Eastern.